Please register to have our comprehensive brochure emailed to you. Program overview, admissions, scholarship, student life and more.
BACHELOR OF ARTS IN ENGLISH CONCENTRATION IN APPLIED GLOBAL COMMUNICATION
English is the global language of business. Strong English skills will open doors to unlimited opportunities and unlock career possibilities.
A Modern and Practical Arts Program
Get to experience the different applications of English in today’s changing world by studying Applied Global Communication. Touch upon the traditional aspects of a BA in English – such as literature, poetry and drama – and also see the more modern applications of the English language in disciplines that have a global perspective
21st Century Skills
Study in a programs that explicitly focuses on developing skills for success in the 21st Century. Learn to critically analyze and evaluate information, express yourself creatively, collaborate with others, and communicate effectively and with confidence.
Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL)
Learn subject matter while perfecting your language skills. The CLIL methodology helps students continuously improve their English through the study of content and benefit from a highly-sophisticated level of language proficiency upon graduation.
|Program Start (Month)||March, July, November|
|Earliest Intake Date||November 2019|
|Program Duration||3.5 Years|
1. Academic qualifications
The required academic qualification is completion of high school / upper secondary school (or equivalent), which is generally obtained after 12 years of education. Accepted qualifications include:
- IGCSE / GCSE / GCE O-levels Certificate with no less than C grade
- IGCSE / GCSE / GCE A-levels Certificate with no less than 3 subjects
- Test of General Educational Development (GED) with minimum 145 points in all 4 subjects, along with the high school equivalency diploma.
- IB certificate with minimum 5 subjects with a minimum score of 4.
- IB Diploma with minimum 24 points
- Mathayom 6 with graduation certificate and graduation diploma.
- Students who hold a different qualification are recommended to contact the university to check their eligibility.
Students who hold a different qualification are recommended to contact the university to check their eligibility.
2. English proficiency qualifications. Either of following test results are accepted
- IELTS 6.0
- TOEFL (IBT) 78
Students who are not yet ready to follow an international academic program will be placed in the Stamford English Program before commencing their actual degree program.
Wide-ranging work options in international environments that require strong English language skills, critical thinking, information literacy, communication skills, and collaboration skills.
- Translator, Interpreter
- Writer, Copywriter, Journalist
- Editor, Editorial Assistance
- Publishing Copy-Editor, Proofreader
- Communication Manager, Content Manager
- English Language Specialist, English Language Teacher
- Academic Librarian
- Foreign Affairs Officer, International Cooperation Officer
- Diplomatic Worker
- Personal Assistant for Upper Management
- International Project Manager
- Thai: 567,000 THB
- International: 693,800 THB (22,381 USD)
- General Education – 40 Credits
- Basic Core Courses – 40 Credits
- Major Required Courses – 40 Credits
- Major Elective Courses – 20 Credits
- Free Elective Courses – 8 Credits
- Internship – 12 Credits
Mr Suksarn received a Master of Science in Education (M.S.Ed) in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages from the University of Pennsylvania. He has been teaching Academic English and English for Specific Purposes to adult learners at language centers and universities in Thailand and the USA.