Please register to have our comprehensive brochure emailed to you. Program overview, admissions, scholarship, student life and more.
BACHELOR OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION CONCENTRATION IN INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS
Dual Degree Program
Stamford International University (STIU) has a collaboration with EU Business School in Barcelona, Geneva and Montreux.
- Students taking the International Pathway will study their first two years at STIU and spend two additional years at EU Business School, at one of the aforementioned campuses in either Spain or Switzerland. Students will receive two degrees, one from STIU, and the other from EU Business School.
- Students taking the Local Pathway will get a degree from STIU, and a Laureate International Diploma, as well as a Completion of the Pathway Program Award.
The study of International Relations is becoming ever more important as our world becomes more interconnected. But what exactly is International Relations all about?
Traditionally, International Relations sets out to examine and analyze a global environment that is composed principally of sovereign states that pursue, promote, and protect their respective national interests. However, since the 1990s, its scope has expanded and now it deals with the nature of the changing relations and linkages between states and non-state actors. More importantly, it aims to explain the mechanics of the international system – the forces, factors and interests, customs, rules, norms, institutions and organizations that both define the world today and impact our lives.
Stamford’s Bachelor of Business Administration with Concentration in International Relations is a Business Administration program which further develops the students’ aptitude in the area of political awareness, economic understanding, and international cooperation. Other highlights are:
- Case study concentration on ASEAN
- Learn about Conceptualization, Linkage, Analysis, and Prescription/Prediction which are useful methodology for future career
- Job market oriented, emphasized on Applied International Relations
You will be able to:
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of and a capacity to apply international relations in real world situations.
- Acquire and develop strong research skills.
- Critically analyze international events and issues as well as identify global trends.
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communications skills.
- Develop aptitude in the areas cultural competency, international cooperation and problem solving, and global citizenship.
- Learn to use conceptual tools proficiently either in the public policy arena or the business world.
|Program Start (Month)||March, July, November|
|Earliest Intake Date||November 2019|
|Location||Hua Hin and Rama 9 (Dual Campus)|
|Program Duration||3.5 Years|
1. Academic qualifications
The required academic qualification is completion of high school / upper secondary school (or equivalent), which is generally obtained after 12 years of education. Accepted qualifications include:
- IGCSE / GCSE / GCE O-levels Certificate with no less than C grade
- IGCSE / GCSE / GCE A-levels Certificate with no less than 3 subjects
- Test of General Educational Development (GED) with minimum 145 points in all 4 subjects, along with the high school equivalency diploma.
- IB certificate with minimum 5 subjects with a minimum score of 4.
- IB Diploma with minimum 24 points
- Mathayom 6 with graduation certificate and graduation diploma.
- Students who hold a different qualification are recommended to contact the university to check their eligibility.
Students who hold a different qualification are recommended to contact the university to check their eligibility.
2. English proficiency qualifications. Either of following test results are accepted
- IELTS 6.0
- TOEFL (IBT) 78
Students who are not yet ready to follow an international academic program will be placed in the Stamford English Program before commencing their actual degree program.
Careers in government, journalism, law, intergovernmental organizations, non-governmental organizations, international business (risk analysis, consulting), and academic
Studying International Relations gives the student many useful transferable skills including:
- The ability to research, source and examine information thoroughly
- The capacity to critically analyze evidence and construct coherent arguments
- Excellent writing and speaking capabilities
- Strong competency in intellectual and creative endeavors
- Teamwork in multi-cultural environments
- Solid understanding and appreciation of global politics
- Thai Student : 517,800 THB
- General Education – 40 Credits
- Basic Core Courses – 40 Credits
- Major Required Courses – 40 Credits
- Major Elective Courses – 20 Credits
- Free Elective Courses – 8 Credits
- Internship – 12 Credits
B.A. from Loyola Marymount University with a major in Political Science and a double minor in History and Asia-Pacific Studies, and M.A. in Southeast Asian Studies (specialization in International Relations). Studied under the MIR Program at the Faculty of Political Science, Thammasat University. Over 15 years working experience as a lecturer/administrator and government consulting as a researcher.in a number of private and public universities in Thailand and traveled extensively throughout ASEAN.