Please register to have our comprehensive brochure emailed to you. Program overview, admissions, scholarship, student life and more.
BACHELOR OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION CONCENTRATION IN FINANCE AND BANKING
The Finance and Banking program covers three very broad areas of financial decision making: investments, financial institutions, and corporate finance. The program equips students with the knowledge and practical skills needed to successfully analyze and solve problems encountered in a finance-centered career.
Dual Degree Options
Finance and Banking students who wish to deepen their understanding of the world and also boost their employability can earn a second degree from the University of the West of England or The University of Northampton by completing one additional year of study in the U.K.
CFA Institute University Affiliation Program
The Finance and Banking program has been acknowledged as incorporating at least 70 percent of the CFA Program Candidate Body of Knowledge and placing emphasis on the CFA Institute Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice within the program. The program positions students well to obtain the Chartered Financial Analyst® designation, which has become the most respected and recognized investment credential in the world.
The Finance and Banking program is a co-branded program with Maybank Kim Eng (Thailand). This collaborative partnership improves the relevance of the program, giving both faculty and students the opportunity to interact with industry professionals and keep abreast changes in the world of finance. Other benefits of this tie-up include internship placements at Maybank Kim Eng and workshops and seminars from Maybank Kim Eng professionals.
State-of-the-art Bloomberg Financial Markets Lab
Stamford’s state-of-the-art Bloomberg Financial Markets Lab gives finance and banking students hands-on experience using the same cutting-edge technology and information relied on by financial professionals worldwide. In Stamford’s dedicated lab, finance and banking students experience the dynamics of a dealing room through simulated trading, analyze real-world problems with real-world financial market data, earn additional certifications from Bloomberg, and learn from Bloomberg specialists.
Finance and banking students visit exciting multinational corporations and institutions such as Bualuang Securities, The Stock Exchange of Thailand, Maybank Kim Eng (Thailand), the Bank of Thailand, and more. Off-site visits help students develop their understanding of how theoretical principles are applied in a real working environment and provide an opportunity for students to interact and build connections with industry experts.
Finance and banking students build up their experience by undertaking an internship. Students have successfully completed internships at places such as Broadgate securities, DutchMill, A. Stotz Investment Research, AIP Global, Chuayram Engineering, S2M Group, ECCO, Kyra Mode, and The Pacific securities Co., LTD.
You will learn and develop skills in:
- Financial Analysis
- Commercial Banking
- The Latest Technology; from Excel to the Bloomberg Terminal
- Portfolio Management
- Credit Analysis
You will be able to:
- Research, Interpret and Analyze Financial Data
- Evaluate Risks and Returns
- Explain how the various elements of the financial system work together
- Simulate Investment Analysis and Trading Operations Activities
- Earn Bloomberg Certifications
- Deliver Presentations with poise and confidence
- Work with a team, solve conflicts and negotiate successfully
|Program Start (Month)||March, July, November|
|Earliest Intake Date||November 2019|
|Program Duration||3.5 Years|
1. Academic qualifications
The required academic qualification is completion of high school / upper secondary school (or equivalent), which is generally obtained after 12 years of education. Accepted qualifications include:
- IGCSE / GCSE / GCE O-levels Certificate with no less than C grade
- IGCSE / GCSE / GCE A-levels Certificate with no less than 3 subjects
- Test of General Educational Development (GED) with minimum 145 points in all 4 subjects, along with the high school equivalency diploma.
- IB certificate with minimum 5 subjects with a minimum score of 4.
- IB Diploma with minimum 24 points
- Mathayom 6 with graduation certificate and graduation diploma.
- Students who hold a different qualification are recommended to contact the university to check their eligibility.
Students who hold a different qualification are recommended to contact the university to check their eligibility.
2. English proficiency qualifications. Either of following test results are accepted
- IELTS 6.0
- TOEFL (IBT) 78
Students who are not yet ready to follow an international academic program will be placed in the Stamford English Program before commencing their actual degree program.
A wide range of job opportunities are available to students, including:
- Financial Planner
- Securities Analyst
- Investment Banking Analyst
- Cash Manager
- Capital Budgeting Analyst
- Loan Officer
- Credit Analyst
- Financial Analyst
- Project Finance Manager
- Insurance Agent
- Risk Manager
- Mortgage Banker
- Thai: 567,000 THB
- International: 693,800 THB (22,381 USD)
- General Education – 40 Credits
- Basic Core Courses – 40 Credits
- Major Required Courses – 32 Credits
- Major Elective Courses – 28 Credits
- Free Elective Courses – 8 Credits
- Internship – 12 Credits
A passionate and enthusiastic lecturer teaching both undergraduate and graduate courses for over 10 years. Holding a Bachelor’s of Commerce in Finance from Canada and a Master in Business Administration from USA.