Please register to have our comprehensive brochure emailed to you. Program overview, admissions, scholarship, student life and more.
BACHELOR OF COMMUNICATION ARTS IN BROADCAST AND JOURNALISM
Start your career in the dynamic and exciting field of media and communication by joining the Communication Arts program at Stamford International University. You will have the opportunity to work with industry standard audio-visual equipment, a professional studio, and editing suites to foster and enhance your skills.
As a student in the Broadcast and Journalism program, you will master the art of visual and print narrative and learn how to artfully combine your creativity and understanding to shape how people see the world.
Our vibrant curriculum is designed and taught by professionals who have a strong background in the industry – both in Thailand and abroad. Tailor your courses and academic experience to match your interest and talents:
- Visual Storytelling – for those with a passion to create productions that are character driven, in order to convey the art of storytelling
- Media Content Development – for those with the strong ideas, and a desire to create stories and work in journalism.
Having students gain on-the-job experience early is one of our core values. With the industry projects, students have networking opportunities in the highly competitive industry.
To personally experience and see what we do, come and visit “The Spot” at thespot.stamford.edu
You will learn and develop expertise in:
- Graphic Editing
- Camera Operating
- Pitching a Story
- Developing a Storyline
You can master creating:
- Short Documentaries
- TV Programs
- News Stories
- Radio Sshows
- Movie Trailers
- Music Videos
- Digital Photography
|Program Start (Month)||March, July, November|
|Earliest Intake Date||July 2019|
|Location||Hua Hin and Rama 9 (Dual Campus)|
|Program Duration||3.5 Years|
1. Academic qualifications
The required academic qualification is completion of high school / upper secondary school (or equivalent), which is generally obtained after 12 years of education. Accepted qualifications include:
- IGCSE / GCSE / GCE O-levels Certificate with no less than C grade
- IGCSE / GCSE / GCE A-levels Certificate with no less than 3 subjects
- Test of General Educational Development (GED) with minimum 145 points in all 4 subjects, along with the high school equivalency diploma.
- IB certificate with minimum 5 subjects with a minimum score of 4.
- IB Diploma with minimum 24 points
- Mathayom 6 with graduation certificate and graduation diploma.
- Students who hold a different qualification are recommended to contact the university to check their eligibility.
Students who hold a different qualification are recommended to contact the university to check their eligibility.
2. English proficiency qualifications. Either of following test results are accepted
- IELTS 6.0
- TOEFL (IBT) 78
Students who are not yet ready to follow an international academic program will be placed in the Stamford English Program before commencing their actual degree program.
- News Anchor
- Video Producer
- Digital Media Manager
- Post-Production Developer
- TV Host
- Thai Student : 517,800 THB
- General Education – 40 Credits
- Basic Core Courses – 40 Credits
- Major Required Courses – 40 Credits
- Major Elective Courses – 20 Credits
- Free Elective Courses – 8 Credits
- Internship – 12 Credits
Numerous years of experience as a Senior Analytic Specialist at a global strategic communication and research firm based in California, USA. Ph.D. in Mass Communications from Pennsylvania State University and M.A. from Pepperdine Univeristy.