Please register to have our comprehensive brochure emailed to you. Program overview, admissions, scholarship, student life and more.
BACHELOR OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION CONCENTRATION IN EVENT MANAGEMENT
With Dual Degree Option
The Event Management concentration is co-developed with Kendall College at National Louis University, based in Chicago, USA and the IMPACT Exhibition Management Company. Kendall is known as one of the best hospitality schools in America. IMPACT is the largest event venue in Southeast Asia and the top location for conferences, concerts and exhibitions in the region.
- Students taking the International Pathway will receive two degrees, one from Stamford International University, the other from Kendall.
- Student taking the Domestic Pathway will receive a degree from Stamford International University and a Kendall Event Management Certificate.
These collaborations ensure that students maximize outcomes by learning what is current in the field of MICE (Meeting, Incentives, Conference, Exhibitions). In addition to the in-depth theory and practical skills taught in the classroom, students have a guaranteed internship at IMPACT or the opportunity to intern elsewhere. By interacting in the classroom and in a professional environment, students will graduate with the knowledge, interpersonal skills and confidence needed to succeed in this exciting industry.
You will learn and develop skills in:
- Venue Management
- Launching International Exhibitions
- Project Management
- Interpersonal Skills
- Cross Cultural Communication
- Problem Solving
- Organizational Skills
You will be able to:
- Organize Concerts
- Organize Large Events
- Plan a Wedding
- Cater a Large Function
- Negotiate with Sponsors
- Plan Multinational Incentive Trips and Conferences
- Organize International Exhibitions
- Plan and Launch Large-Scale Parties
- Arrange Major Sporting Events
|Program Start (Month)||March, July, November|
|Earliest Intake Date||July 2019|
|Program Duration||3.5 Years|
1. Academic qualifications
The required academic qualification is completion of high school / upper secondary school (or equivalent), which is generally obtained after 12 years of education. Accepted qualifications include:
- IGCSE / GCSE / GCE O-levels Certificate with no less than C grade
- IGCSE / GCSE / GCE A-levels Certificate with no less than 3 subjects
- Test of General Educational Development (GED) with minimum 145 points in all 4 subjects, along with the high school equivalency diploma.
- IB certificate with minimum 5 subjects with a minimum score of 4.
- IB Diploma with minimum 24 points
- Mathayom 6 with graduation certificate and graduation diploma.
- Students who hold a different qualification are recommended to contact the university to check their eligibility.
Students who hold a different qualification are recommended to contact the university to check their eligibility.
2. English proficiency qualifications. Either of following test results are accepted
- IELTS 6.0
- TOEFL (IBT) 78
Students who are not yet ready to follow an international academic program will be placed in the Stamford English Program before commencing their actual degree program.
- Event Consultant, Event Marketing
- Venue sourcing, Venue Management
- Convention/ Exhibition Management
- Event/ Exhibition Logistics Management
- Sport Event Management
- Wedding Planner
- Event/ MICE Department of Hotels
- Catering Department, PR, Sales
- Thai: 567,000 THB
- International: 693,800 THB (22,381 USD)
- General Education – 40 Credits
- Basic Core Courses – 40 Credits
- Major Required Courses – 32 Credits
- Major Elective Courses – 28 Credits
- Free Elective Courses – 8 Credits
- Internship – 12 Credits