Please register to have our comprehensive brochure emailed to you. Program overview, admissions, scholarship, student life and more.
BACHELOR OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION IN INTERNATIONAL HOTEL MANAGEMENT
With Dual Degree Options
• BBA – International Hotel Management
• BB – International Hotel & Resort Management/ BA (Hons) – International Hospitality and Tourism Management
While students can get a Bachelor of Business Administration in International Hotel Management at Stamford, students can have the option to study a dual degree either at Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School (BMIHMS) at Torrens University, Australia or at Middlesex University London, UK.
Students who meet the requirements and opt for the International Pathway option can complete the program at either BMIHMS or Middlesex. The students will have a good opportunity to study in two different countries and receive two degrees on graduation.
Paid Internships – In 2018, over 100 Stamford students experienced internships at 27 different five-star and boutique hotels in places like Japan, Maldives, Mauritius, Hong Kong, Bhutan, Singapore, New Zealand and Thailand. Students complete two internships where they experience Food & Beverage and Rooms Division areas of hotel operations.
State of The Art Facilities – STIU offers state of the art facilities in teaching kitchen and restaurant operations. A mock hotel front desk and mock hotel room is also offered in the Rooms Division component of the program.
You will learn and develop skills in:
- Leadership and Team Building
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
- Good Time Management
- Personality Development for Hospitality Professionals
- Cross-Cultural Relations
- Culinary Operation & Management
- Front Office Operation
- Housekeeping Operations
- Restaurant Operations & Management
- Wine and Beverage Knowledge
- Basic Food Nutrition for dietary requests
You will be able to:
- Understand the Importance of Guest Satisfaction
- Communicate Effectively
- Multitask Effectively
- Take Initiative
- Work Effectively Under Pressure
- Manage Diverse Situations.
- Understand the Expectations of Hotel Industry
- Understand the Millennial Guests
- Familiarize Yourself with On-The-Job Requirements
- Understand the Synchronization of Hotel Operations
|Program Start (Month)||March, July, November|
|Earliest Intake Date||November 2019|
|Program Duration||3.5 Years|
1. Academic qualifications
The required academic qualification is completion of high school / upper secondary school (or equivalent), which is generally obtained after 12 years of education. Accepted qualifications include:
- IGCSE / GCSE / GCE O-levels Certificate with no less than C grade
- IGCSE / GCSE / GCE A-levels Certificate with no less than 3 subjects
- Test of General Educational Development (GED) with minimum 145 points in all 4 subjects, along with the high school equivalency diploma.
- IB certificate with minimum 5 subjects with a minimum score of 4.
- IB Diploma with minimum 24 points
- Mathayom 6 with graduation certificate and graduation diploma.
- Students who hold a different qualification are recommended to contact the university to check their eligibility.
Students who hold a different qualification are recommended to contact the university to check their eligibility.
2. English proficiency qualifications. Either of following test results are accepted
- IELTS 6.0
- TOEFL (IBT) 78
Students who are not yet ready to follow an international academic program will be placed in the Stamford English Program before commencing their actual degree program.
Graduates can find work in fields such as:
Hotel and Food Services
- Hotels, Resorts, Clubs, Catering, Tourism
- Cruise lines, Airlines, Travel agencies
Entertainment and Leisure
- Entertainment and Amusement Parks, Casinos, Theme Parks Technology and Logistics
- Real Estate Development, Logistics Management
- Event and Venue Management, Promotion and Sport Management
- Thai: 600,000 THB
- International: 742,400 THB (23,948 USD)
- General Education – 40 Credits
- Basic Core Courses – 40 Credits
- Major Required Courses – 40 Credits
- Major Elective Courses – 20 Credits
- Free Elective Courses – 8 Credits
- Internship – 12 Credits
Extensive work experience in education and hospitality, with over 14 years in India, Nigeria, United Arab Emirates, Australia, and China. Holding a Master’s Degree in Adult Education from the University of Wollongong, Australia.